Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Here it is

Well I finally decided to do it.  I've created a blog.  A little about me.  I am a 41 year old male living in La Mirada, California.  For those of you that don't know where that is, it's about 20 miles south of Los Angeles and 10 miles north of Disneyland.  I am married to the most wonderful woman, Linda.  We have been married for 16 years and we have a beautiful 15 year old daughter Sara.

My passion is running.  I've been running off and on again since high school.  I took it up seriously about 4 years ago.  I was in Colorado for my grandmother's funeral.  I was feeling really depressed at the time.  For some reason I felt compelled to start running as a way to get over the sadness I was feeling when my grandmother died.  I've been running ever since.

Since then i've run numerous races.  Several 5 and 10 k's.  6 half marathons and 2 marathons.  I am currently training for the Portland, Oregon Marathon which is on October 7th.  This is the 1st marathon i've done out of state, so i am very excited.  

Besides running I also play ice hockey.  I've been playing for about 11 years and I love it.  I will keep playing as long as I can, but i am starting to notice that age is starting to effect my play.  It's getting tougher to keep up with all the 20 and 30 year olds that are skating around me.

No comments: